Re: listening addresses

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: listening addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>This slipped off my radar. I have just spent a little while thinking
>>about it. How about this: we replace tcpip_socket and virtual_host with
>>a new var called listen_addresses, which can have values of "local",
>>"all", or a list of addresses? The default would be "local" and -i would
>>correspond to "all".
>>

>No objection here.  You could also allow "none" (or maybe that falls out
>of the list case by writing an empty list), with the understanding that
>"none" is a useless setting on Windows or any other platform that
>doesn't support Unix sockets.

I had thought about "none". I have no strong feelings either way,
althought you are right that it would be redundant.

On platforms without Unix domain sockets I think we should immediately
error exit without a valid tcp listening address.

I will try to get this done in the next few weeks - I think it's
critical for sensible Windows use.

cheers

andrew