Re: Performance and WAL on big inserts/updates

От Marty Scholes
Тема Re: Performance and WAL on big inserts/updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Anyway, it really doesn't matter. You're trying to save a large amount> of time that simply isn't spent in this area
inPostgreSQL. fsync()> happens once with commit -- and on a busy system, a single fsync call> may be sufficient for a
numberof parallel backends.

I think you may be right.  I suspect that most "busy" installations run
a large number of "light" update/delete/insert statements.

In this scenario, the kind of logging I am talking about would make
things worse, much worse.

Marty

От: Marty Scholes
Сообщение: Re: Performance and WAL on big inserts/updates
От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: The Name Game: postgresql.net vs. pgfoundry.org