Re: DBD::PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: DBD::PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
David Wheeler <david@wheeler.net> writes:
> PostgreSQL gets better and better. Yay. However, although I might be
> able to use compile-time macros to determine the PostgreSQL version, I
> have to support a minimum version of PostsgreSQL in the driver. I was
> thinking 7.0 -- maybe it's time to leave the 6.x series behind.

It's way past time to forget 6.* ;-).  Based on what we see in the
mailing lists, hardly anyone is on 7.0.* either, and the people on
7.1.* all know they need to upgrade.

For a newly coded DBD driver, I think you could get away with setting a
baseline requirement of a 7.2 server.  Maybe even 7.3, if you wanted to
be a hard case (and you aren't planning to release for a few months).