Re: COMMENT ON [GROUP/USER]

От Mike Mascari
Тема Re: COMMENT ON [GROUP/USER]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> This doesn't look good.  If we throw a WARNING, why do we not insert
> anything into pg_description.  Seems we should throw an error, or do the
> insert with a warning.

It essentially makes the behavior deprecated and allows dumps to be
restored properly (without the extra-database comments.) Here's a
thread on the topic:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=bf1obi%24u7k%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=7&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D%2522COMMENT%2BON%2BDATABASE%2522%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den

I don't know if Rod has plans to change attempts to COMMENT ON
non-local databases to an ERROR in 7.5 or not. It was my fault from
the beginning - but once I'd implemented COMMENT ON for tables and
columns I just couldn't stop... :-)

Mike Mascari

..