Re: COMMENT ON [GROUP/USER]

От Mike Mascari
Тема Re: COMMENT ON [GROUP/USER]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>> Another problem is that pg_description is per-database, while
>> pg_user/group are global for all databases.
>>

> databases are also per cluster, but we have comments on those.
>
> Could we keep the user/group comments in those tables instead of in
> pg_description?

The comments are stored only in the database's pg_description where
the COMMENT ON took place. This caused dump/reload problems. I
believe Rod Taylor added the new warning:

[estore@lexus] select count(*) from pg_description; count
-------  1541
(1 row)

[estore@lexus] COMMENT ON DATABASE test IS 'Hello';
WARNING:  database comments may only be applied to the current database
COMMENT

[estore@lexus] select count(*) from pg_description; count
-------  1541
(1 row)