Re: Functional index and string concatenation

От Daniel Henrique Alves Lima
Тема Re: Functional index and string concatenation
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
    Yes, i was searching for the name of equivalent function to "||"
operator...
   Now, i've got a new problem: I need to concat three values (two
column values and a sepator constant). But from documentation: " The
function in the index definition can take more than one argument, but
they must be table columns, not constants" and "there cannot be
multicolumn indexes that contain function calls".
   Maybe i should to create a new pgsql function.
                     Thanks !

Edmund Bacon wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 08:19, Daniel Henrique Alves Lima wrote:
>

>>    Is there a way to create a "functional index" over a string
>>concatenation of two columns ?
>>
>>    Thanks.
>>

>Like this?
>
>test=# create table strtable (x int, str1 text, str2 text);
>CREATE TABLE
>test=# create index str_idx on strtable( textcat(str1, str2) );
>CREATE INDEX
>test=#

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: