RE: BUG #15651: Collation setting en_US.utf8 breaking sort order

От Daniel Verite
Тема RE: BUG #15651: Collation setting en_US.utf8 breaking sort order
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
    Kaleb Akalework wrote:

> Ok so if this is intended behavior of UTF8 then I understand. My last
> question then would be if I use a collation setting of C, does it mean I
> won't be able to support multiple languages?

You seem to want to the sort order of C, but be aware that you might
have to decide whether you want this:

=> select upper('é' collate "C");
 upper
-------
(1 row)

or that:

=> select upper('é' collate "en_US");
 upper
-------
(1 row)

To get the sort order of C but the interpretation of characters closer
to what you'd expect from Unicode, it's possible for the database
to have LC_COLLATE to "C", and LC_CTYPE to, say, en_US.UTF-8.
See CREATE DATABASE.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité