Re: pgsql: Remove unused wait events.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove unused wait events.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 10:52 PM Amit Kapila <akapila@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Remove unused wait events.

> This commit forces a recompile of every extension that knows about the
> integer values assigned to the enums in WaitEventIO. I know of 2
> extensions that are affected by this. I think that it should be
> reverted in v14 and kept only in master.

Um ... the removed symbols were at the end of the WaitEventIO enum,
so is there really an ABI break?  I suppose if an extension contains
actual references to the removed symbols, it would fail to recompile,
which'd be annoying for a released branch.

On the whole, I agree that this patch had no business being committed
to v14.