Re: WAL Optimisation - configuration and usage

От Rob Fielding
Тема Re: WAL Optimisation - configuration and usage
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Rod Taylor wrote:

>>random_page_cost = 0.5
>>

>Try a value of 2 for a while.

OK thanks Richard and Rod. I've upped this to 2. I think I left this
over from a previous play with setttings on my IDE RAID 0 workstation.
It seemed to have a good effect being set as a low float so it stuck.

I've set it to 2.

 From another post off list, I've also bumped up

max_fsm_relations = 1000   # min 10, fsm
max_fsm_pages = 20000      # min 1000, fs
vacuum_mem = 32768          # min 1024

as they did seem a little low. I'm hesitant to set them too high at this
stage as I'd prefer to keep as much RAM available for runtime at this time.

I'm still hoping that perhaps the uber-pgadmin Mr Lane might reply about
my WAL issue :) however I'm getting the feeling now the server is
running with a much higher level of performance than it has been. Won't
know until tomorrow thought.

Cheers,

--
Rob Fielding
Development

От: Rod Taylor
Сообщение: Re: WAL Optimisation - configuration and usage
От: Mark Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: FreeBSD config