Re: Add AlmaLinux as Specifically Supported Distro

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add AlmaLinux as Specifically Supported Distro
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Jonathan Wright <jonathan@almalinux.org> writes:
> My name is Jonathan Wright and I'm in the Infrastructure Team Lead for
> AlmaLinux.  I/we use Postgres (naturally) and today I noticed that
> AlmaLinux is missing as a specifically listed supported distro at
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/ and
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/

> I see that Rocky was added which is great, but I think it would also be
> appropriate to add AlmaLinux.

Well, the reason Rocky is listed is that it *is* considered supported,
which is because somebody is running a buildfarm animal under that OS:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=queensnake&br=HEAD

I don't see any animal running Alma, so claiming that it's supported
seems a bit premature.  If you'd like to run such an animal, see
directions here:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/register-form.pl

It's not terribly resource-consuming, if you set it up to run once a
day per branch, which is plenty for a platform that ought-to-work.

(There's a separate question of whether Devrim's RPMs will work
out-of-the-box on Alma, or whether it'll need its own build.)

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Add AlmaLinux as Specifically Supported Distro
Сообщение: Re: Add AlmaLinux as Specifically Supported Distro