Re: Indexes generated for primary key are not show

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Indexes generated for primary key are not show
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Constantin Stefanov wrote:

>As for quick solution I would suggest checking with psql - if it can
>shows something, then PgAdmin should have an option to show it. I think
>many people use psql and it has almost all features needed for working
>with PostgreSQL (but it is less convenient than PgAdmin). As for me,
>when working with and something seems strange, it is psql where I look
>for final answer.

We deliberately do *not* support anything that psql does. psql bears a
lot of ancient stuff, since it has developed from very early pgsql
versions. psql works one level below pgAdmin3, showing all the raw stuff
regardless whether it's useful nowadays or not, e.g. constraint
triggers. pgAdmin shows the objects in a way that's suitable for pgsql
7.3 and up, suppressing system stuff you might have become used to from
<= 7.2 times. To work with pgAdmin3, your database should be 7.3 or up
in every way, i.e. if updated from earlier version adddepend should have
been executed.

Regards,
Andreas

TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your     joining column's datatypes do not match

От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Indexes generated for primary key are not show
От: "Paul Aviles"
Сообщение: PG Admin III