Re: pg_basebackup creates a corrupt file for pg_stat_tmp and pg_replslot on a backup location

От David Steele
Тема Re: pg_basebackup creates a corrupt file for pg_stat_tmp and pg_replslot on a backup location
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 4/26/16 5:02 AM, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
>> Knowing that pg_basebackup always creates an empty directory for
>> pg_stat_tmp and pg_replslot in backup location, even i think it would be
>> better to handle these directories in such a way that pg_basebackup
>> generates an empty directory for pg_replslot and pg_stat_tmp if they are
>> symbolic link.
>
> I just wanted to update you, I have taken this commit fest entry patch
> to review because I think it will be addresses as part of "Exclude
> additional directories in pg_basebackup", which I'm also reviewing.
> Therefore, I'm not actually planning on discussing this patch further.
> Please correct me if this assessment does not match your expectations.

Just to be clear, and as I noted in [1], I pulled the symlink logic from
this this patch into the exclusion patch [2].  I think it makes sense to
only commit [2] as long as Ashutosh gets credit for his contribution.

Thanks,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net