Re: Small complaint about bugreport item in help

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Small complaint about bugreport item in help
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dean Peterson wrote:

> Hi, when I chose Bugreport from the pgadmin3 Help menu, it took me to
> the bug reporting page in help.  That's great, but the "Bug Reporting"
> page in the help links to web pages that the help program cannot
> display correctly.  (e.g. no search functionality on the support
> mailing list).
>
> It would be nicer if the help browser would open external links in a
> dedicated web browser.  If that is not possible, it would be nice to
> include the URL's for the links in the help text as well as the status
> bar, so they could be cut and pasted.
>
> Minor complaints, I know, but these things do discourage people from
> filing bug reports (and if they do, it discourages them from
> conscientiously checking for duplicates first.)  In general, thanks
> for the great product, though.
>
> Dean
>
> P.S.  I apologize if this should have gone in the documentation list.
> I wasn't sure who supported the help viewer for pgadmin.

You're all right here.
I suspect you're not on win-32, because we're already using *.chm help
format there which is able to perform searching the archives.
We're not planning to launch an external browser at the moment for help
purposes.

I changed that bugreport.html file so the BUGS.txt is shown as first
reference for known problems. Experience shows that users won't scan the
archives anyway....

Regards,
Andreas

              http://archives.postgresql.org