Re: [HACKERS] Buildfarm failures on woodlouse (in ecpg-check)

От Christian Ullrich
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Buildfarm failures on woodlouse (in ecpg-check)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 06/11/2017 11:33 AM, Christian Ullrich wrote:

>> To build correctly, it requires defining _WIN32_WINNT to be 0x600 or
>> above (and using an SDK that knows about InitOnceExecuteOnce()).

> We already define _WIN32_WINNT to be 0x0600 on all appropriate platforms
> (Vista/2008 and above), so I think you could probably just check for
> that value.

Not quite; the definition depends on the build toolset, not the build
platform. When building with VS 2015 and above, _WIN32_WINNT is set to
0x600 (Vista/2008), while with older compilers, the value is 0x501
(XP/2003). This is also due to locale issues, but of a different kind,
and is apparently coincidental.

The build platform does not figure into the target platform, which is
clearly a good idea for binary distribution reasons.

--
Christian

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] documentation typo in ALTER TABLE example
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] documentation typo in ALTER TABLE example