Bug receiving NotificationResponse Message v3

От Hans Näther
Тема Bug receiving NotificationResponse Message v3
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

I found a problem in the current jdbc driver. My application receives
asynchronous notification messages from the backend. Using postgresql
7.1, it works. When I switch to postgresql 7.4, it doesn't work anymore.
An exception postgresql.con.type is thrown in
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.executeV3. This is because 7.1 uses
protocol version 2 and 7.4 uses protocol version 3. In version 3, the
message format has changed, the message contains additional data
(message length, additional information) => see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/protocol-message-formats.html
under NotificationResponse.

So the function executeV3 needs to be changed, I propose the following
change:

... (line 129):
switch (c)
{
   case 'A': // Asynchronous Notify
     int msglen = pgStream.ReceiveInteger(4); // added
     int pid = pgStream.ReceiveInteger(4);
     String msg = pgStream.ReceiveString(connection.getEncoding());
     String param = pgStream.ReceiveString(connection.getEncoding()); //
added
     connection.addNotification(new
org.postgresql.core.Notification(msg, pid));
     break;
case 'B':    // Binary Data Transfer

regards
Hans