Re: Recursive optimization of IN subqueries

От Dennis Haney
Тема Re: Recursive optimization of IN subqueries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote: <blockquote cite="mid002501c3e4df$be91c510$5e00030a@LaptopDellXP" type="cite"><blockquote
type="cite"><prewrap="">Tom Lane writes

In the second place, what the code is doing is dependent on an
understanding
of the semantics of IN; I'm not sure it's applicable to, say,WHERE outervar > ANY (SELECT innervar FROM ...)
and it's definitely not applicable toWHERE outervar > ALL (SELECT innervar FROM ...)
In particular, the optimization paths that involve unique-ifying the
subselect output and then using it as the outer side of a join would
I'm not sure if I've understood you correctly in the section above. Are
you saying that these types of queries don't have a meaningful or
defined response? Or just that they wouldn't be very well optimized as a
result of the unique-ifying code changes? Or have I just mis-read the
optimizationwe are discussing does nothing to correlated subqueries, and a uncorrolated subquery with > ALL/ANY is

Dennis
</pre>