Re: Hierarchal data

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Hierarchal data
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Bill Moseley wrote:
> I didn't receive much feedback from this post.  Would psql-general be a
> better list to post this question?  Or is there a better place to ask a
> general database design question?

Try searching the mail archives for pgsql-general and maybe pgsql-sql
first. This topic has been discussed in great depth more than once, and
there are many expressed opinions on the "best" way to tackle it.

One solution you could look at is connectby() in contrib/tablefunc.
Another is contrib/ltree. And as I said, many others discussed in the
archives.

HTH,

Joe