Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64

От: Mark Kirkwood
Тема: Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  ("Dave Thompson", )
 Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Andrew Sullivan, )
   Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Andrew Sullivan, )
     Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
      Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Andrew Sullivan, )
       Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Christopher Weimann, )
     Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Christopher Browne, )
  Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Mark Kirkwood, )
   Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Mark Kirkwood, )
  Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Greg Stark, )
 Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Paul Ganainm, )
 Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Doug McNaught, )
 Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (Christopher Browne, )
 Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64  (George Essig, )
 Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on  (, )

> Mark Kirkwood wrote a little unclearly:
>

>> And yes, I would recommend xfs - noticeably faster than ext3, and no
>> sign of any mysterious hangs under load.

I was thinking about the reported mini-hangs that folks are seeing with
jfs, except the all important keyword "jfs" didnt make it out of my head
and into the 2nd bit of the message  :-( Sorry for the confusion.

So I meant "faster that ext3, and without strange mini hangs like jfs...".

Joshua wrote:

> The hangs you are having are due to several issues... one of them is
> the way ext3 syncs.

Never suffered this personally, it was an unexpected filesystem
corruption with ext3 that "encouraged" me to try out xfs instead.

best wishes

Mark