pg_restore - table restoration

От Day, David
Тема pg_restore - table restoration
Дата
Re: pg_restore - table restoration
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

This is sort of a continuation of = problems I was working on last week

with selective restorations of an archive file at the schema or table level.  ( V9.3)

Given that I dumped the entire database ( pg_dump –Fc  my_db –f archive_file )

When I pg_restore an entire schema ( -n ) everything is wonderful.

If I try to attempt two tables in one of the schemas I encounter problems.

I get a success of sort with these option  variations:

pg_restore -c  -t tbl1 –t tbl2 –U <username> -d my_db  archive_file

In this case the tables are recreated with data but all the original  constraints for these tables are missing

As are triggers that are associated with the tables.   I guess I can understand this.

This variation seems encouranging but ultimately fails:

pg_restore –a –v  -c  -t  translator_sys –t translator_sys_mbr –U <username> -d my_db  archive_file

pg_restore: connecting to database for restore

pg_restore: dropping TABLE DATA translator_sys

pg_restore: dropping TABLE DATA translator_sys_mbr

pg_restore: dropping TABLE DATA translator_sys

pg_restore: processing data for table "translator_sys"

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 4247; 0 332255 TABLE DATA translator_sys redcom

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed for table "translator_sys": ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "translator_sys_pkey"

DETAIL:  Key (translator_id)=(1) already exists.

CONTEXT:  COPY translator_sys, line 1

pg_restore: processing data for table "translator_sys_mbr"

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 4248; 0 332262 TABLE DATA translator_sys_mbr redcom

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed for table "translator_sys_mbr": ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "translator_sys_mbr_pkey"

DETAIL:  Key (translator_id, tid_seq)=(1, 1) already exists.

CONTEXT:  COPY translator_sys_mbr, line 1

pg_restore: processing data for table "translator_sys"

It seems like it is geared to TRUNCATE or DELETE the specified table data in this case based on the verbose output.

However I see no SQL commands in the std_out to support this verbose message so it ultimately fails because of the

Duplication of PK associated with the table..

Is this a bug or a mis-understanding on my part?

Regards

Dave Day