Re: pg_restore - selective restore use cases. HINT use DROP CASCADE

От Day, David
Тема Re: pg_restore - selective restore use cases. HINT use DROP CASCADE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian.

Based on your earlier remarks and further investigation I find that the restoration of a schema ( -n ) goes smoothly if
thereare no foreign key
References to the tables being restored from a schema that is not part of the restoration.  I had a couple of those
thatI had not initially appreciated and was able to redesign to accommodate that.

Similarly if using the -t table restoration option of tables within a schema,  one has to include all tables that have
aforeign key reference to the table(s) being restored. I have to rethink some layout based on this but at least I
understandthis all now.

I still think a drop cascade or defer constraints options might be useful.  I can probably pipe the pg_restore output
toa perl script that could "tweak" the pg_restore output and in turn pipe that to psql if I really need this
capability.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Dave