Finding the long transaction associtated with commit ?

От Day, David
Тема Finding the long transaction associtated with commit ?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Hi,

I have configured postgres.conf to log transactions in excess of 150 ms whilst I am benchmarking my system with a load test.

What is appearing in the log is something  generic that does not help me.  e.g

2012-03-02 10:02:47.521 EST redcom@ace_db 11388 192.168.33.211(49978)LOG:  duration: 178.230 ms  statement: commit

It is not helpful as  I have a pool of client threads attaching to the postgres server, which will offer a variety of transactions on their connection

I would like to know what transaction is  relevant to this logged commit.

Is there a way of naming the transaction in ECPG on the client side so that the commit statement logged would include the name of the transaction ?

Would another configuration setting give me the detail I seek ?

Having exceeded the reporting threshold,  does  the client get any indicator that it could inspect following the commit?

Thanks for considering the questions.

Regards

Dave