Postgres V9.0.3 and Avahi Zeroconfig

От Day, David
Тема Postgres V9.0.3 and Avahi Zeroconfig
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I took a patch that was available under 8.0.4 for Avahi zeroconfig and adpted  it to 9.0.3.

Though publication of the service type _postgresql._tcp is successful.  When I shutdown the

Postgres server the advertised service is not removed from  mDNS and is visible though not resolvable for a very long period of time ( hour ? )

Based on stepping through the modified code I do hit  the  avahi interface calls to clean-up.

e.g. avahi_client_free, avahi_threaded_poll_stop, avahi_threaded_poll_free

Anyone with experience using the avahi publication patch in 8.0.4 or above with a similar observation on stopping the server not  correctly un-publishing the postgres service.

e.g

avahi-browse –vrt _postgres._tcp    # finds service still visible.

Thanks

Dave