Re: User Defined Types in Java

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: User Defined Types in Java
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Hallgren <thomas@tada.se> writes:
> What do you think of my earlier suggestion. Skip all the 'create function' statements and
> just add the "AS 'filename' LANGUAGE C" to the CREATE TYPE.

Very little, as it makes unjustifiable assumptions about all the
datatype's support functions being predictably propertied.  (There's
more than one possible signature, let alone any secondary properties
such as volatility or other stuff we might think of in future.)
I think it'd be unworkable from pg_dump's point of view, as well.