Re: postgresql + apache under heavy load

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: postgresql + apache under heavy load
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alex Madon wrote:

> Hello,
> I am testing a web application (using the DBX PHP function to call a
> Postgresql backend).
> I have 375Mb RAM on my test home box.
> I ran ab (apache benchmark) to test the behaviour of the application
> under heavy load.
> When increasing the number of requests, all my memory is filled, and
> the Linux server begins to cache and remains frozen.
>
> ab -n 100 -c 10 http://localsite/testscript
> behaves OK.
>
> If I increases to
> ab -n 1000 -c 100 http://localsite/testscript
> I get this memory problem.

We would need a lot more information. What version of Linux? What
version of the Kernel? What is your shmmax settting?
What is your sort_mem setting? Did you use top to see where the hang up?
Are there any messages in /var/log/messages?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake