Re: 7.4 -> 7.4.1 upgrade with customization on freebsd

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: 7.4 -> 7.4.1 upgrade with customization on freebsd
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

  Well... 7.4 to 7.4.1 is a direct upgrade. You do not have to do a
reinitdb which means you do
not have to reconfigure the system. I can't help you with your BSD
specific issues (I don't know much about it)
but from the PostgreSQL perspective, you should be abble to just upgrade.

   One note would be to backup your data/ directory, and then remove
postgresql in whichever manner
BSD does. Then install 7.4.1, and restore your data directory.

   Any people using BSD want to help on this one a little?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake