Re: serverless postgresql

От David Garamond
Тема Re: serverless postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rick Gigger wrote:
> I have just about the same sort of needs now and concluded that postgres
> just is not suited for embedding into apps like that.

Why not? It's not that the PostgreSQL backend is a mammoth like Oracle.
The Firebird embedded version is pretty much the same as their server,
but without network and client authentication layer.

However, embedded usually demands that the backend be threaded.
Otherwise it will be pretty useless/very inconvenient to use in many
apps. Perhaps this is the major change that's hard to do?

--
dave