Re: ECPG and EXEC SQL GET DIAGNOSTICS

От kjw
Тема Re: ECPG and EXEC SQL GET DIAGNOSTICS
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
To all,
Thanks for responding to my question and sorry for the delay
in answering your reply.

Informix ESQLC (9.2.1 ) has functionality that allows you to get the
status of
a previously excecuted sql statement.

/* there can be more than 1 exception, the "1" in the following example
refers to the 1st exception" */
EXEC SQL get diagnostics  exception 1
:_srvrname = SERVER_NAME, :_sqlstate_code = RETURNED_SQLSTATE,
:_message = MESSAGE_TEXT, :_messlen = MESSAGE_LENGTH;

This would place the DB Server name, Error message text (if any) and the
length
of the error message into the respective host variables.
This statement would compile and run under informix but fail
when compiled with ecpg (3.1.0/PostgreSQL 7.4.1) with the following
error code.
"test.pgc:19: ERROR: syntax error at or near "diagnostics" "

Compilation command: "ecpg -c -C INFORMIX test.pgc"

I have attached test.pgc

Thanks to all,
ken

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>kjw wrote:
>

>>I am currently thinking about porting
>>Embedded esql/c code from informix to
>>PostgreSQL. It there any plans on incorporating
>>the "EXEC SQL GET DIAGNOSTICS" functionality?
>>

>It's already there.  What is missing?

>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
>
>.

/*
 * compiles using informix esql 9.2.1 compiler but does not compile
 * using ecpg 3.1.0(PostgreSQL 7.4.1)
 */

int main (int argc, char **argv)
{

    /* Declare host variables */
    EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
        char _ix_database_name[30];
        int exception_count;
        char _message[100];
    EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

    /* Connect to the database. */
    EXEC SQL CONNECT TO 'test_db';

    EXEC SQL get diagnostics :exception_count = NUMBER ;

    /*
     * The GET DIAGNOSTICS statement also returns information about the
     * exceptions that the most-recently executed SQL statement has generated.
     */
    EXEC SQL get diagnostics  exception 1
    :_message = MESSAGE_TEXT;

    return (0);