Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>> If we have to do it, let's make it an #ifdef __linux__ option.

> What does Linux have to do with it?  FreeBSD does the same thing, only
> every three days.  I dont' know whether it's not enabled on a fresh
> install, but it's there, you only need to flip the switch.  I doubt /tmp
> cleaning is such an unusual thing, especially on large sites.

Yes, there are lots of systems that will clean /tmp --- and since the
lock file is an ordinary file (not a socket) pretty much any tmp-cleaner
is going to decide to remove it.  I think that I had intended to insert
a periodic touch of the lockfile and forgot to.

Touching it every time through ServerLoop is an overreaction though.
I'd suggest touching it in the checkpoint-process-firing code, which
runs every five minutes (or so?) by default.