Re: PostgreSQL booting automaticaly

От Eric S. Johansson
Тема Re: PostgreSQL booting automaticaly
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Frederic Logghe wrote:

> Hello
>

> I'm using Red Hat 9 in text mode (X-Windows would have a negative
> influence on performance). How could I make sure that PostgreSQL starts
> automaticaly? Now I have to load the server manualy.
>
> I do not have a lot of experience with Linux, just the basic skills.

this is on Red Hat 8 but I believe it is the same on Red Hat 9.

verify that the rc.mumble system know about postgresql.  you should try
and get something like:

[root@harvee camram_core]# chkconfig --list | grep post
postgresql      0:off 1:off   2:off     3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

to turn it on for startup at boot up:

chkconfig postgresql on

should suffice

---eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  Incorrect endings, words, and case is
closer than it appears

От: Aarni Ruuhimäki
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL booting automaticaly
От: Marcel Wolf
Сообщение: creating databases