Re: libpq thread safety

От Manfred Spraul
Тема Re: libpq thread safety
Дата
Re: libpq thread safety  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>Wait a minute.  I am *not* buying into any proposal that we need to
>support ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY on machines where libc is not thread-safe.
>We have other things to do than adopt an open-ended commitment to work
>around threading bugs on obsolete platforms.  I don't believe that any
>sane application programmer is going to try to implement a
>multi-threaded app on such a platform anyway.

I'd agree - convince Bruce and I'll replace the mutexes in thread.c with
#error. But I think libpq should support a mutex around kerberos (or at
least fail at runtime) - right now it's too easy to corrupt the kerberos
authentication state.

--   Manfred

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: libpq thread safety
От: "Tom Hebbron"
Сообщение: Re: How to retrieve functional index column names