Re: idea, proposal: only preloadable libraries (conditional load)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: idea, proposal: only preloadable libraries (conditional load)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 2009/3/11 Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>:
>> I remember I had some differences between the way loading occurs at
>> session start and as a result of a LOAD command. I think there's
>> probably already a way of doing this - probably by checking for
>> something that would only be there *after* having read reloadable
>> libraries but before main session starts.

> I can test debug_query_string, but main problem is impossibility throw
> exception inside PG_init.

If we can't support throwing an error there, I think we need to fix that.
There's no way a "precheck" function can completely guarantee that no
error will happen in the real "do it" function; at least not for
interesting values of "do it".