GCC & SCO Ports

От Roberto Fichera
Тема GCC & SCO Ports
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
At 20.14 13/11/00 +0100, you wrote:

Compiling Postgres with GCC on SCO 5.0.4

>gmake[3]: Entering directory
>`/usr/src/postgresql-7.0.3/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc'
>gcc -o ecpg preproc.o pgc.o type.o ecpg.o ecpg_keywords.o output.o
>keywords.o c_
>keywords.o ../lib/typename.o descriptor.o variable.o  -lPW -lgen -lcrypt
>-lld -lnsl
>-lsocket -ldl -lm -ltermcap -lcurses  -Wl,-Bexport
>Undefined                       first referenced
>nocachegetattr                      pgc.o
>ecpg: fatal error: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ecpg
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>gmake[3]: *** [ecpg] Error 1
>gmake[3]: Leaving directory
>`/usr/src/postgresql-7.0.3/src/interfaces/ecpg/prepr
>oc'
>gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
>gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/postgresql-7.0.3/src/interfaces/ecpg'
>gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
>gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/postgresql-7.0.3/src/interfaces'
>gmake: *** [all] Error 2
>#

Ok! I've solved this problem too. I've modified the include/port/sco.h in

#ifndef NOFILE
#define NOFILE                  NOFILES_MIN
#endif

#ifndef __GNUC__
#define DISABLE_COMPLEX_MACRO
#endif

#define USE_POSIX_TIME
#define NO_EMPTY_STMTS
#define SYSV_DIRENT

#define HAS_TEST_AND_SET
#define NEED_I386_TAS_ASM

#define USE_UNIVEL_CC

typedef unsigned char slock_t;

/***************************************************************
  * The following include will get the needed prototype for the
  * strcasecmp() function.
  ***************************************************************/
#include <strings.h>

#ifdef __GNUC__
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#endif

#ifndef                 BIG_ENDIAN
#define                 BIG_ENDIAN              4321
#endif
#ifndef                 LITTLE_ENDIAN
#define                 LITTLE_ENDIAN   1234
#endif
#ifndef                 PDP_ENDIAN
#define                 PDP_ENDIAN              3412
#endif
#ifndef                 BYTE_ORDER
#define                 BYTE_ORDER              LITTLE_ENDIAN
#endif

Postgres compile clean with this. GCC is a very good compiler and generate
a very fast
code compared with the standard SCO compiler.
If anyone is interested can get it at

http://ww.tekno-soft.it/Files/PostgreSQL-7.0.3/SCO/postgresql-7.0.3-sco5.tgz

it's ~1Mb.

Roberto Fichera.