Re: postgres memory management

От Alexander Jerusalem
Тема Re: postgres memory management
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Clift,

you are right, I have the same problem on RedHat. After I inserted -e it
works so far. But there's something else that seems strange to me I'm not
quite sure if I'm reading this right since I understand only half of what
happens in this script. After the comment that says "Don't do anything if
process still running..." on line there is the following sequence of lines:

ps hj$ipcs_pid >/dev/null 2>&1
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
         echo "skipped...."

As I understand it the if statement tests the output of the previous ps
statement. The strange thing is that the variable $ipcs_pid is never used
anywhere before this line, so I think it's always null (or whatever this
scripting language defaults to). There are three other variables ipcs_id,
ipcs_cpid and ipcs_lpid but no ipcs_pid. If I'm right here, it seems that
this script does effectively nothing in terms of shared memory.

Please tell me if I'm on a completely wrong track :-)

Alexander Jerusalem
ajeru@gmx.net
vknn