Re: pg 7.1 b5 appears to require a "modern version of tcl"

От Jerry Asher
Тема Re: pg 7.1 b5 appears to require a "modern version of tcl"
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
At 11:09 AM 3/2/01 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>Jerry Asher <jerry@hollyjerry.org> writes:
> > I installed it --with-tcl but it failed.  RedHat 6.1 comes with Tcl
> > 8.0.3 and certain Tcl symbols were not installed.  When I upgraded to
> > Tcl 8.3, the link succeeded,
>
>Details please?  I normally test against tcl 8.0.5, so I know we do not
>need 8.3.  It's fairly hard to believe that we must have 8.0.5 and not
>8.0.3 ... in fact, I thought we still worked with tcl 7.*.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Tom, I have to apologize profusely.  How often do I submit a bug report that actually contains useful information on
thebug, never to hear from anyone.  And now, I submit a bug report that is less than useful and someone actually cares.

But I am ashamed to say, that it would be almost impossible for me to replicate this as I'd have to remove the new Tcl,
installthe old Tcl and try again, and well, I unfortunately just don't have the time.

Basically it looked like they were symbols involved in initialization of the Tcl Main, but more, I cannot say.

Abashed,

Jerry
Jerry Asher                       jerry@hollyjerry.org
1678 Shattuck Avenue Suite 161    Tel: (510) 549-2980
Berkeley, CA 94709                Fax: (877) 311-8688