Unicode display in VB

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Unicode display in VB
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Dear all,

I am still trying to figure out how to display Japanese text in pgAdmin2.

Microsoft Form Two objects and MS Hierarchical Flexgrid Control 6.0 both
support Unicode display.
To verify, just create this form:

Private Sub Command1_Click()
         ' create a Unicode text file with Chinese character
         ' Dan1 and English character D.
         Dim a(0 To 5) As Byte
         a(0) = &HFF ' All Unicode string begin with &HFF and &HFE
         a(1) = &HFE
         a(2) = &H39 ' Dan1
         a(3) = &H4E
         a(4) = &H44
         a(5) = &H0
         Open "unicode.txt" For Binary As #1
         Put #1, , a
         Close #1

         Dim txtline As String

         ' you may need to change the path of the file
         Open "unicode.txt" For Binary As #1

         txtline = InputB(2, #1)  ' always FF FE, skip them
         txtline = InputB(4, #1)

         Close #1

         TextBox1.Text = txtline  ' display the string
         'MSHFlexGrid1.Text = txtline
End Sub

This will display one Chinese Glyph and the lettre 'D', provided that Arial
Unicode font is installed.
I tried to link MSHFlexGrid1 to a data source, but I did not see any
Japanese character.

Did anyone succeed in displaying Japanese character in MSHFlexGrid?

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE