Re: Limitations on PGSQL

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: Limitations on PGSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>Long connection time - if you are using the web you will have to use some
>sort of persistant scheme e.g. Apache::DBI otherwise you will handle
>around 5 requests per sec on a decent computer. I wonder whether it would
>be possible for it to either reconnect, keeping the connection to a new
>database or user, or reuse it's kids - like Apache.

Php allows persistent connections. Don't you think?

http://uk.php.net/manual/en/configuration.php#ini.sect.pgsql
Postgres Configuration Directives
pgsql.allow_persistent boolean
Whether to allow persistent Postgres connections.
pgsql.max_persistent integer
The maximum number of persistent Postgres connections per process.
pgsql.max_links integer
The maximum number of Postgres connections per process, including
persistent connections.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE