Re: Permission denied while importing data from a file?

От Charles Tassell
Тема Re: Permission denied while importing data from a file?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Try moving the file into /tmp and seeing if that works.  Sometimes you run
into problems with having permissiosn on the file, but not all of the
directories before it.  You must have execute permissions on all parent
directories in order to access a file in one of those dirs.   The file will
only need read access (444), although the others won't stop it from working
(it will just be less secure if you are on a multi-user system.)

Also, I believe that one of the copy commands (either \copy or the COPY SQL
command) can only be done as the database super user (postgres or pgsql,
depending on how you installed Postgres)  Maybe you are using the wrong one?