Re: Selecting field names?

От Charles Tassell
Тема Re: Selecting field names?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes, if you start psql with the -E switch (ie, psql -E -h dbserver
database) then do a \d tablename it will show you the SQL query that's used
to display the table definition.  You can then use this to do your
selects.  Here is what I get when I do the above:

QUERY: SELECT a.attnum, a.attname, t.typname, a.attlen, a.atttypmod,
a.attnotnull, a.atthasdef FROM pg_class c, pg_attribute a, pg_type t WHERE
c.relname = 'tablename'    and a.attnum > 0     and a.attrelid =
c.oid     and a.atttypid = t.oid   ORDER BY attnum

QUERY: SELECT viewname, definition FROM pg_views WHERE viewname like
'tablename'