getting val of serial field after insert

От Jim Archer
Тема getting val of serial field after insert
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All...

I have been inserting records into a table using the SQL insert statement
via the perl5 Pg module. One of the field types is serial, and I have been
trying to figure out how to get the value that was assigned in the field as
a result of the insert. The serial typed field is the only one guaranteed
to be unique, so I can't really do a search, and there are several people
adding data at once, so I can't reliable guess. Can anyone help?

Thanks VERY much!!!

Jim

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] just little BUG
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] just little BUG