Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?

От Charles Tassell
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Try turning off Autocommit: MySQL doesn't support transactions, so that
might be what's causing the speed boost.   Just change the connect line from:
$pg_con=DBI->connect("DBI:Pg:....
$pg_con=DBI->connect("DBI:Pg(AutoCommit=>0):....

and add

$pg_con->commit

before you disconnect.  I may have the syntax wrong, so double check the
docs for the DBI and PG modules (perldoc DBD::Pg and perldoc DBI)