Join with blank records.

От Matthew Hagerty
Тема Join with blank records.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Greetings,

I have two tables, one is customers and one is their phones.  Something
simple like this:

customer
cust_id int4
cust_name varchar(30)

phone
cust_id int4
number varchar(15)

select c.*, p.number from customer and c, phone as p
where c.cust_name='smith'
and p.cust_id = c.cust_id;

The problem I am having with this is that only records in the customer
table that have matching records in the phone number table are showing up.
What I would really like is for all records that match the first criteria
to show up regardless if they have matching phone number records.

Thank you,
Matthew Hagerty

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: