Re: JDBC 3.0 / JDK 1.4 build issues

От Rene Pijlman
Тема Re: JDBC 3.0 / JDK 1.4 build issues
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Sat, 8 Dec 2001 18:31:51 -0800 (PST), you wrote:
>Hm.... if we cannot reuse the org.postgresql.Connection abstract class,
>then won't we need to have a org.postgresql.jdbc3.Connection class that
>extends org.postgresql.jdbc2.Connection?  Then will have to have the
>Driver return the jdbc3 Connection when its called.  Won't that work?
>(We may not need much more ant-processing since it still called
>java.sql.Connection.)  It does seem similiar to jdbc1 -> jdbc2 issues.

OK, that may do the trick. But why is for example
jdbc2/DatabaseMetaData.java a copy of
jdbc1/DatabaseMetaData.java? Why isn't this done with
inheritance to only add new methods in jdbc2?

It seems to be the same for PreparedStatement, ResultSet etc. I
see lots of duplicate code. Or am I missing something?

>This means that our current driver cannot compile at all in jdk1.4.

Indeed. Some interfaces require new methods. And some of these
methods require types which are only available in the new
version of the interfaces.

Regards,
René Pijlman <rene@lab.applinet.nl>

Сообщение: Re: JDBC 3.0 / JDK 1.4 build issues
Сообщение: Re: JDBC 3.0 / JDK 1.4 build issues