PG_HBA.conf still keeps complaining. I've done all I could imagine.

От nkunkov@optonline.net (Liza)
Тема PG_HBA.conf still keeps complaining. I've done all I could imagine.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I've just setup postgreSQL on my Fedora Core1 box. I installed
postgresql from rpm   files.
When I try to connect to the postgresql server in pgmanage, or through
an ODBC from other windows machines I get a message:
"missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file"

I set tcpip_socket = true in var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf
I added '-i' optin to etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql as follows
   su -l postgres  -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA  -o '-i '
-p
   /usr/bin/postmaster start > /dev/null 2>&1
Here is my pg_hba.conf:

local     all                trust
host    10.1.9.0    255.255.255.0    trust
host     127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255    trust

Here is my /etc/hosts file:
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
127.0.0.1       TESTBOX     localhost.localdomain   localhost
10.1.9.XX       TESTBOX.localdomain TESTBOX

When I go Systems Settings -> Network in the Hosts tab I see
IP              Name                  Alias
10.1.9.XX       TESTBOX.localdomain   TESTBOX

Where am I going wrong?  I've looked at multiple postings and there is
always something about extra characters and such but I'm using vi
editor on a Fedora machine so it should be fine.
Please let me know if you have any ideas.
THanks in advance.
N.K.