Re: i added Arabic Dictionary but how I know i'm using it

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: i added Arabic Dictionary but how I know i'm using it
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2022-08-17 at 14:33 +0300, Mohammed falih wrote:
> I created the dictionary by this query
> CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY arabic_dict (
>     TEMPLATE = ispell,
>    DictFile = th_ar,
>     AffFile = th_ar,
>     Stopwords = arabic);
> and as you know the purpose in dictionary is like when you're searching for an
> example a "house" the results will also retrieve a records with "home" because
> it's a synonymous but  when I run queries nothing happens

That would be a "synonym dictionary":
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/textsearch-dictionaries.html#TEXTSEARCH-SYNONYM-DICTIONARY
An Ispell dictionary normalizes words, for example by removing suffixes for
plural and case.

You'd have to create a synonym file yourself.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe