Re: Calculated Fields in Postgres?

От Andres Olarte
Тема Re: Calculated Fields in Postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
This is not a JDBC question, that's a basic SQL question, but any
way... You have some choices:

1- Use a view to show the data from the table plus the calculated fields.
2- Use a trigger to define the value of the calculated field on INSERT.

Which one you use depends on the usage scenario, basically how a
change of the mfg policy would affect you.  However, you seem to have
a problem with your table structure, so you should probably read a
little bit about normalization.  For example, it might make more sense
to convert everything to days, and forget about the 'Life Units'
field.