Re: Confused about how to enable backups (e.g. Write Ahead Log).

От mimble9@danwin1210.me
Тема Re: Confused about how to enable backups (e.g. Write Ahead Log).
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Thank you for your input,

> You could also check that with the system view : 'SELECT * FROM
> pg_stat_archiver;'.

5 | 000000010000000000000004 | 2020-02-21 01:29:56.77076+00 |            0
|                 |                  | 2020-02-21 00:31:12.898026+00

So there is some kind of archive but not one that is regularly updating.

> Is your /test directory writable by the postgres linux user ?

Permissions are: drwxr-xr-x 1 root     root        278 Feb 21 01:50 test

> To help you, there's a few PITR tools that handles backups, restores and
> even backup retention. Have a look at https://pgbackrest.org/ ;-)

I've had a look at the FAQ for this tool and it seems suitable. Have you
used it? I like the step-by-step instructions plus screenshots of the
results. And it uses the WAL.

My impression is that this is a user-friendly way for novices to backup
their databases hopefully without having the convoluted messes that I'm
currently having editing postgresql.conf, etc. Is that correct?