Re: Optimze usage of immutable functions as relation

От Alexander Kuzmenkov
Тема Re: Optimze usage of immutable functions as relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/16/18 22:03, Tom Lane wrote:
> A possible fix for this is to do eval_const_expressions() on
> function RTE expressions at this stage (and then not need to
> do it later), and then pull up only when we find that the
> RTE expression has been reduced to a single Const.

Attached is a patch that does this, and transforms RTE_FUCTION that was
reduced to a single Const into an RTE_RESULT.

Not sure it does everything correctly, but some basic cases work. In
particular, I don't understand whether it needs any handling of "append
relations".

--
Alexander Kuzmenkov
The Russian Postgres Company