Re: Configure autovacuum

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Configure autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/4/24 08:16, Shenavai, Manuel wrote:
> We see that our DB keeps increasing under high load (many updates). We see that our DB has a size of 200GB and we got
199GBbloat, 0 dead tuple. And when the DB is put on high load (many updates), we still see that the DB size grows. We
tryto find parameters to avoid DB growth.

Show your work:

1) How did you determine the bloat number?

2) How did you determine there are 0 dead tuples?

3) Define high load.

4) Postgres version?

5) What are your autovacuum settings?

> I think we need to tweak the autovacuum settings and maybe limit the volume of data that can be written to the DB.

That will need to happen on client end.

> Is there any setting in postgres that would allow to write only certain volume? For example, limit the amount of data
thatcan be written to a table to 100MB/minute.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com