Re: Loading 500m json files to database

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: Loading 500m json files to database
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 3/24/20 11:29 AM, Kevin Brannen wrote:
> From: pinker <pinker@onet.eu>
>
>> it's a cloud and no plpythonu extension avaiable unfortunately
>
> You're misunderstanding him. See David's post for an example, but the point was that you can control all of this from
an*external* Perl, Python, Bash, whatever program on the command line at the shell.

> In pseudo-code, probably fed by a "find" command piping filenames to it:
>
> while more files
> do { read in a file name & add to list } while (list.length < 1000);
> process entire list with \copy commands to 1 psql command
>
> I've left all kinds of checks out of that, but that's the basic thing that you need, implement in whatever scripting
languageyou're comfortable with.

> HTH,
> Kevin

Sorry if I missed it, but have we seen the size range of these json files?
> This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain
confidentialinformation. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
intendedrecipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, review, copy or use of any of the
informationcontained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in
error,please immediately notify us by reply e-mail, and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without
readingthem or saving them to disk. Thank you.

От: Kevin Brannen
Сообщение: RE: Loading 500m json files to database
От: Kevin Brannen
Сообщение: RE: Loading 500m json files to database