Re: How to execute .sql file inside a postgres schema

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How to execute .sql file inside a postgres schema
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/29/19 7:02 AM, Daulat Ram wrote:
> Hello team,
>
> I have a database name “kbdb” that is having a schema “kb” and I want to
> execute the test.sql file inside this schema,
>
> Please help how we can do that.

You can do as Daniel suggested but be aware that it is equivalent to:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-set.html
SET search_path TO value

That means if you have objects in the script that are not schema
qualified and need to point to other schemas then things will fail. A
longer term solution would to schema qualify the objects in your script.
This is assuming that the script is not generic and is meant to 'float'
from schema to schema.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: 9.6.9 Default configuration for a default installation butdifferent with-krb-srvnam
Сообщение: RE: 9.6.9 Default configuration for a default installation butdifferent with-krb-srvnam